Monday, August 26, 2013

The Bento Experiment

Having gone to Japan many, many years ago I started obsessing about the beautifully prepared, craftily put together and wonderfully delicious bento boxes. I was a freshman in high school when I was there and went to a local high school for about 8 months. My mother who's very artistic made me a couple of bentos then.

One of the things on my list to do for Zenon is to show him the world. Since I can't really take him to Japan right now because I believe that would a trip for a more mature Zenon, I will introduce him to Japanese culture the way I know how. He's already obsessed with Pokemon, he should get to know more about the country it originated from.

Day 1: Pikachu bento - I unfortunately didn't realize until very late that I forgot to get Nori sheets so I had to use soy sauce to paint Pikachu's face, dotting the rice with the tip of a straw that I cut so it had a pointy end then dipped in soy sauce.

 

Day 2 - CheeseBEARger

 

So far we're only on the second day of school and we got the Nori sheets today and it makes such a huge difference having it!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment